Thursday, February 18, 2016

Control Sticks (Part 4)

Continued from Control Sticks (Part 3)
I made progress on a lot of little things today. I laid out, drilled, and cut the nylon bearing surfaces for the control sticks. Forgot to take pictures of that. I redesigned the brackets that'll bolt to the front spar, because the plans I'm using account for a flap design I'm not using. I'm still waiting on the material I need to fashion the brackets, so I couldn't work any further on that. I also drew up plans for the bracket assembly to hold the bellcrank behind the rear spar,  where my pushrod will transition to cables for elevator control.



I've found no matter how much I work with various CAD software, the easiest and fastest way for me to design things is still on paper. (Partly because I usually spend about an hour fighting with my printer when I want the finished design printed to scale.)

I'm not a very proficient welder, and I don't have the right tools, so I sent my jigged-up assemblies out to be welded. Once those come back and the rest of my material shows up, I'll be able to finish this project and move forward. I believe I'll finish the rudder pedal assembly next. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to run out of work that isn't fiberglassing before it warms up, but I'm well known for taking *way* longer than I say I will to finish projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment