Friday, March 31, 2017

Good news! (And also, electronics are finicky!)

Just a quick pseudo-celebratory post - all of the work I've been doing on this engine has been under the shadow of uncertainty. The engine was involved in an off-airport landing, and I've been wondering if my crankshaft had sustained any damage. If it had, this engine would probably be scrap, based on how it had been modified - the major modified parts just don't seem to be readily available, and other manufacturer's modified parts wouldn't fit, and that would mean I'd need a new crankshaft, prop hub, and engine case, and they'd all have to be machined... Got it back from the machine shop today with a clean bill of health. Now I just have to finish cleaning and painting a few things, and the reassembly can begin.

In other news, apparently circuit design is a little tougher than I thought... received the PCB I had printed for my landing lights, (they look FANTASTIC, by the way - really like the purple solder mask with the gold solder pads) soldered everything in place, and... nothing. Back to the drawing board...


No comments:

Post a Comment