Sunday, August 28, 2016

Seats (Part 4)

Continued from Seats (Part 3)
I got a call a couple of days ago that my canopy was being molded, so I expect it to be here in the next couple weeks. That reminded me that I hadn't finished my seats yet, which I'll need to help me decide how tall to make the plane. So I started working on the seat back. It's built the same way the seat pan was, and the same way as the wing walks are. But I do have a few pictures of the process.
Here's the second layup:


I build the foam and wood board larger than I'd need, so once the fiberglass was all cured I cut the seat to size. I'll be cutting it in half once the hinges are attached so each side can flip down independent of the other. I'm running out of space in the garage with the wings being worked on, so I had to stick it in place for now.


Continued in Seats (Part 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment